Welcome to the 24-hour blitz.
So, you’re ready to call one of our boutique communities your new home?
The first 24 hours after you submit your application is pivotal to your application being processed quickly and your chance at being approved for your desired apartment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why 24 hours?
Because our communities are in high demand, it’s not uncommon for us to receive multiple applications for one apartment. We only process one application at a time based on the order they’re received. We process your application using a qualified scoring sheet point system. If we don’t receive all of the required documentation for your application within 24 hours from the time you apply, your application will be bumped to the back of the line.
What do I need to include with my application?
There are two important pieces you’ll want to include with your application:
✓ Identity Verification (valid driver’s license or government-issued photo identification)
✓ Income Verification (proof of gross income equal or exceeding 2.5 times the monthly rent)
See below for specific requirements about what you’ll want to include with your online application.
Do you accept a guarantor (co-signer)?
We do not accept a guarantor up front in the application process. In the event your application is processed and in need of a guarantor, our office will notify you. Guarantors are held to higher rental criteria than a standard applicant:
✓ Must have a gross income in an amount equal to our exceeding five times the monthly rent
✓ Must possess a FICO score of 700 or higher
✓ Must not have any negative collection accounts or public records reported
✓ Must not have any late payments reported on their credit report within the last two years (not including medical accounts)
Do you accept any housing assistance programs?
We participate in housing assistance programs.
What if an application submitted before mine ends up being approved?
In the event that an application ahead of yours is approved, we will reach out to notify you. If we don’t have another apartment in our portfolio that fits your needs, we will close out your application and refund the $40 application fee. Your credit will not be processed.
I recently had my credit pulled. Can you use my report?
Unfortunately, we cannot use outside reports. Our report runs a criminal and eviction check as well as a credit check.
What’s the next step if my application is approved?
Congratulations! You’re one step closer to moving into your new apartment home. In the event your application is approved, our office will reach out to you to collect the Holding Deposit. This will reserve your apartment until move-in day. We cannot hold apartments longer than 10 days after the date of application.
As an equal opportunity housing provider, F&F Property Management, Inc. provides housing opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, familial status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The Rental Criteria listed below explains the policies with regard to standards that must be met by each applicant in order to be approved for residency.
All Applicants must be of legal age or legally emancipated. All parties 18 years of age or older or emancipated minors are required to complete an application.
- All applicants (and financial guarantors when applicable) are required to show a valid driver’s license or government-issued photo identification.
- Appfolio, our third-party verification service, will verify credit history. The applicant will receive a credit score base on statistical data such as payment history, number and type of accounts, outstanding debt, and age of accounts. Based on the credit score, the application will be accepted, accepted with conditions, or denied.
- Applicants with no credit history must provide:
- Proof of income equal to 3 times the monthly rent and an additional deposit equal to one month’s rent OR a financial guarantor who completes an application, meets all Guarantor Rental Qualifying Criteria, and signs the Financial Guarantor Agreement. The financial guarantor will be held liable in case of any default by the applicant/resident.
Chapter 7 bankruptcies are an automatic denial if it was filed within 3 years. Chapter 13 bankruptcies may result in an Accept with Conditions; however, the following conditions must be met:
• The bankruptcy must be at least one year old AND proof of timely payments must be received. Any missed or late payment will result in a denial.
If the application is Accepted or Accepted under Conditions, verification of income in an amount equal to or exceeding two and a half times the monthly rent per household will be required by one or more of the following:
- Records of 2 consecutive recurring deposits issued within past 30 days
- 6 months of bank statements showing recurring pay deposits
- Any other written verification of legal income
- Income tax return
- Letter from employer on company letterhead verifying income and employment
The rule of 2.5 x rent is based on the market rent of the apartment (without concessions) plus additional month responsibilities (i.e. pet rent, short-term fees). In the event that a special rate offered, the rent will be calculated by taking ½ of the difference between the market rent and the special rate and adding this to the special rate.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANY STANDARDS
- Efficiency/Studio – Two Persons
- One Bedroom/One Bath – Three Persons
- One Bedroom/One Bath/Den – Four Persons
- Two Bedroom/One Bath – Five Persons
- Two Bedroom/Two Bath – Five Persons
- Three Bedrooms/Two Bath – Seven Persons
A NON-REFUNDABLE $40 charge per Applicant 18 years of age or older is necessary to complete the application process.
HOLDING DEPOSIT REQUIREMENTS
- A Holding Deposit equal to one month’s gross rental rate is required to be paid at the time the initial Offer to Lease is made.
- The Holding Deposit equal to one month’s gross rental rate will be refunded if the Applicant cancels or withdraws in writing within two calendar days from the date the Rental Deposit Receipt is signed and entered into by Applicant(s) and ownership/Management. IF THE APPLICATION IS CANCELLED OR WITHDRAWN IN WRITING AFTER TWO CALENDAR DAYS THE HOLDING DEPOSIT WILL BE WITHHELD AND THE APARTMENT MAY BE OFFERED TO ANY INTERESTED PARTY. Refunds shall be made in accordance with the requirements of the law.
- Upon execution of a Lease, the Holding Deposit will be applied towards the Applicant’s Security Deposit.
PET CRITERIA AND DEPOSITS
- A dog or cat is considered a pet.
- The pet must be at least 6 months old.
- A veterinarian certificate must be provided verifying the pet’s weight, breed and current vaccinations.
- A $250 additional deposit per pet is due prior to move-in. An additional monthly premium of $50 per dog or cat is also due each month.
- A maximum of two pets per apartment is allowed with a pet deposit for each pet.
- A photograph must be provided for each pet.
- Assistive animals are not pets and are not subject to the above criteria.
The maximum total deposit requirement cannot exceed two months’ worth of rent.
Applicants will automatically be denied residency if:
- Criminal Record-Criminal convictions, depending upon the nature and severity of the offense and the time that has passed since the conviction occurred. Such offenses may include, for example: sexual assault; domestic violence; discharging a firearm; gang participation; drug manufacturing; burglary; vandalism; assault; disorderly conduct; stalking; etc. An application also may be denied if the information available regarding a conviction is insufficient to allow proper classification.
- There is a falsification of any information entered on application forms.
- Any previous unlawful detainer/eviction judgments are reported on the credit report.
- Anyone with an outstanding unpaid rental and/or utility collection debt.
- Anyone having an unsatisfied monetary judgment currently pending against them.
Renter’s insurance is required at all communities as a condition of Residency with a minimum liability coverage of $100,000. Personal property coverage is not required but recommended. If Resident does not supply valid insurance certificate at time of move-in, they will be automatically enrolled in company’s renters’ insurance program at a cost of $12.50 per month.